St Anne's Chapel
Client: Barnstaple Town Council
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon
The Chapel was built in the 14th Century and has been in constant use ever since - as a chapel until the Reformation and then as a school, until 1910. A careful and discrete rennovation has given the building new life as a performance venue. The centre is owned by Barnstaple Town Council and is now managed by the Plough Arts Centre. St Anne's is now an important part of the North Devon arts and music scene. This year, it is one of the venues for the annual North Devon Theatre Fest, of which we are proud sponsors.